Great vacancy Marketing and Communications Associate hiring now
Job Details: Marketing and Communications Associate
Full details of the job.
Marketing and Communications Associate
REDF is a pioneering venture philanthropy organization that invests exclusively in the growth and effectiveness of social enterprises―mission-driven businesses dedicated to helping people who otherwise would be shut out of the workforce, get jobs, keep jobs, and build a better life. Since 1997, REDF has provided funding and specialized advisory services to over 140 social enterprises in 23 states. Together, these businesses have employed over 28,000 people, and earned $505 million in revenue (and counting).
It’s an investment that works—$2.23 in benefits for every $1.00 spent.
The broader impact is in lives transformed, as people find not just work but hope, pride, belonging, and self-sufficiency. When people work, we leverage all of the talent available to our country. Families and communities are stronger—and so is our entire society.
Marketing and Communications Associate
REDF is looking for an experienced marketing/communications person to join our team. Are you a strategic, creative, well-rounded professional, with strong writing and digital skills? An organized, proactive project planner, who can keep things on track and deliver with excellence? Someone who knows their way around a website – both the front and back end? As comfortable with analytics as you are with storytelling? Do you believe that not only is email marketing not dead, it’s experiencing a resurgence? Someone who believes in a growth mind-set? A social-do-gooder (or aspiring one), with an easy sense of humor who wants to use your formidable skill set improve lives? Well then, read on.
● Key member of team that will be developing and launching a new WordPress website for
(ETA early 2019).
● In the meantime, keep current website up to date and functional, including editing existing content and building new pages as needed.
● Maintain and troubleshoot website issues, coordinating efforts with developers.
● Work with internal staff photographer to schedule, shoot, and finalize staff photos.
● Monitor and direct
• Manage the planning, development, scheduling, execution, and analysis of email marketing efforts.
● Maintain REDF’s current email list and lead efforts to build and improve it
● Identify and implement new lead generation tests and tactics, continually seeking to drive improved results.
● Partner with your mark/com colleagues to develop and execute social media plan including developing “big ideas” for campaigns, writing content. Use creative tools (e.g., Canva, IMovie) to create and develop assets.
● Help create, manage, and optimize the performance of paid social media campaigns to reach our ambitious benchmarks.
● Monitor and evaluate social media analytics on Facebook, Twitter, etc. Share results, and adjust campaigns to improve performance/ROI.
● Manage/monitor social media budget.
● Help develop and present engaging quarterly reports that keep REDF staff abreast of our social media strategy and progress.
● Keep abreast of the success stories our social enterprises share on their websites/social media, and help us continue to build our story bank
● Provide support on our regional partnership work, including collecting, editing, and proofing success stories
● Fine-tune/update existing collateral and help develop new pieces; update the website; and develop/write blogs
● Keep REDF’s general PPT up to date, revise as needed
● Perform varied marketing and communication tasks related to donor and programmatic events
● Provide general administrative support for the marketing and communications department, including ordering business cards, creating bios, managing the website info box, etc.
● Other duties as assigned.
● Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent.
● At least 3 years of relevant marketing experience.
● Detailed-oriented, very strong project management skills
● Demonstrated ability to write and tell stories in a variety of mediums for a variety of target audiences
● Familiarity with nonprofit fundraising
● At least 2 years’ experience working with Wordpress, and a basic understanding of HTML
● Proficiency with MailChimp, or other marketing software tools.
● In-depth knowledge and understanding of the social platforms and their respective audiences; experience implementing best practices on each one.
● Experience using social publishing/scheduling/engagement tools (Buffer preferred).
● Experience with Google Analytics and social media analytics tools
● Successful management of paid advertising campaigns on Facebook and Twitter.
● Proficiency in Canva or Photoshop, IMovie, Google Apps, Excel, and PowerPoint
● Skilled communicator, collaborator, and relationship builder
● Knowledge of SalesForce
● Energetic, enthusiastic, disciplined, hardworking, team player
● Able to thrive, pivot when needed, prioritize, and work independently
● Strong design sensibility
● Desire to learn and continuously improve
● True sense of ownership and a passion for results
● Deeply inspired REDF’s mission
● A sense of humor
Compensation is competitive based on experience
Oct 05, 2018
Sage People Recruit