Great vacancy Director, Regional Partnerships hiring now
Job Details: Director, Regional Partnerships
Full details of the job.
Director, Regional Partnerships
San Francisco, Los Angeles, or Seattle
REDF seeks a seasoned professional to help advance the growth and adoption of social enterprise and its employment model as an equitable economic and workforce development solution. The Director will help create and manage place-based strategies to grow double bottom line businesses and connect them to markets, employers, and REDF’s national network of employment social enterprise practitioners.
Reporting to the Chief Program Officer, the Director of Regional Partnerships will be a results-oriented manager who is responsible for developing REDF’s regional partnership strategy, defining and measuring the impact of these regional partnerships, and codifying the approach for replication in new geographies. The Director of Regional Partnerships will manage regional partnership staff in the Bay Area, Los Angeles, and Seattle to drive local strategies in support of social enterprise. Depending on local market conditions, this could include negotiating hiring partnerships with private sector employers, engaging the workforce sector to leverage funding for social enterprise, or positioning social enterprise to participate in larger philanthropic initiatives.
REDF’s regional partnership building adds value to the funding and technical assistance investments REDF is providing so that social enterprises are integrated into public and private partnerships that raise their collective profile and increase their access to funding, all with the objective of increasing these organizations’ impact on the people they employ. Success in this role would identify local stakeholders in each market that could benefit REDF’s social enterprise portfolio, and definine the most impactful ways to leverage these stakeholders.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a proven track record of success in developing local strategies, implementing programmatic initiatives and delivering clearly defined results, and building partnerships with private and public sectors. S/he will bring a proactive approach to cross-team collaboration to support REDF in reaching its ambitious goals.
REDF is a pioneering venture philanthropy organization that invests exclusively in the growth and effectiveness of social enterprises―mission-driven businesses dedicated to helping people who otherwise would be shut out of the workforce, get jobs, keep jobs, and build a better life. Since 1997, REDF has provided funding and specialized advisory services to over 140 social enterprises in 23 states. Together, these businesses have employed over 28,000 people, and earned $505 million in revenue (and counting).
It’s an investment that works—$2.23 in benefits for every $1.00 spent.
The broader impact is in lives transformed, as people find not just work but hope, pride, belonging, and self-sufficiency. When people work, we leverage all of the talent available to our country. Families and communities are stronger—and so is our entire society.
Regional Social Enterprise Partnership Development
• Codify REDF’s theory of change and strategy for regional partnership building, including documenting best practices, organizing tools and guides developed in each location to create a consistent but flexible model for replication in new locations.
• In partnership with REDF’s Business Analysis team, develop and track impact metrics to demonstrate the value of regional partnership building to social enterprises, funders, and policymakers.
• Collaborating closely with REDF program management (venture philanthropy and accelerator) lead the delivery of place-based regional partnership strategies to provide program enhancements in key REDF markets (San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Seattle) and leverage REDFs existing parnterhips.
• Represent REDF in regional funder collaboratives, public sector advisory groups, and industry events.
• Identify opportunities for collaboration across regions and with REDF’s venture philanthropy grantmaking and lending activities.
• Manage regional partnership staff implementing ongoing partnerships in the Bay Area and Los Angeles and emerging markets to ensure consistency in the approach and leverage emerging best practices.
REDF Senior Leadership Team
• Represent the regional partnership work as a member of REDF’s Senior Leadership team to manage cross-team strategy implementation.
• Collaborate closely with the VP, Investments and Advisory Services and managers of REDF grantmaking and lending programs to align funding activities and partnership development in key markets.
• Provide insight to REDF’s development team and partner on revenue generating opportunities in key markets.
Business Development and Strategic Communications
• Together with REDF’s senior leadership and development teams, identify opportunities to leverage and attract funding to support REDF’s regional partnership strategies.
• Create and manage relationships with potential corporate, small business, and government partners interested in funding, procuring products/services from social enterprise, or wanting to hire graduates from social enterprises.
• Conduct due diligence on new partnership and investment opportunities on behalf of REDF or its funding partners, including review of proposal, financial testing, and market analysis.
• Identify opportunities and platforms to promote the interests of the social enterprise and/or ecosystem partner to key stakeholder audiences. Make presentations, lead or participate in workshops and online discussions that make strategic contributions to social enterprises, nonprofits, and philanthropists.
• Work with REDF communications and relevant social enterprise and/or business partners to develop and disseminate high quality communications that advance general or specific knowledge of the social enterprise value chain or talent development solutions.
• Bachelor’s degree required; MBA, JD, or relevant MA degree preferred (relevant experience can substitute)
• 10 years of relevant consulting, corporate, philanthropic, or non-profit experience, understanding of/experience with social enterprise, business accelerators, and workforce development.
• Experience designing, negotiating, and implementing multi-sector partnerships with corporations, philanthropy, public sector, and non-profits in the workforce space (or other relevant experience).
• Excellent judgement, decision-making skills, and ability to balance multiple data points, stakeholders, and overall funding landscape in designing and implementing regional initiatives.
• Proven project management skills; ability to define and assign tasks, establish milestones, and bring projects to successful completion.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong representational abilities.
• Demonstrated effectiveness leading and working on teams to achieve results; prioritizing cross-team collaboration and connection to achieve team and organizational goals; being a team player while providing leadership, guidance, and mentorship.
• Ability to work with people from a wide range of cultural backgrounds, training, and experience; experience working with mixed cultures and skill levels.
• Willingness to travel throughout the United States (position requires 30% travel).
Position is considered sedentary and no unusual physical requirements are necessary to perform most daily tasks. Position requires extended period of sitting, with much of the work done at a computer workstation and telephone. Certain computer applications, programs, and documents may require an ability to differentiate colors, shapes, and symbols. Position requires the ability to drive an automobile independently (must have a valid driver’s license). Position requires travel.
• Ability to help craft REDF’s next 20 years of impact
• Work with passionate, dedicated people
• Apply your passion for social change in your career
• Operate with a high degree of autonomy in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Competitive, comprehensive benefits package
An attractive compensation and benefit package will be provided to the successful candidate.
Procedure for Candidacy
Please email resumes to:
Azzani Search Consultants –
Visit our website for additional job opportunities with REDF or with an organization in our portfolio.
REDF is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its relations with staff members and prospective employees and will not discriminate against applicants for employment because of race, creed, color, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sex, or sexual orientation. REDF encourages employment applications from people who are representative of the culturally and ethnically diverse communities REDF serves. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, REDF will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Sep 30, 2018
Sage People Recruit