Great vacancy Accounting Clerk hiring now
Job Details: Accounting Clerk
Full details of the job.
See what a job can do!
REDF (the Roberts Enterprise Development Fund) is a pioneering venture philanthropy galvanizing a national movement of social enterprises—purpose-driven, revenue-generating businesses that help people striving to overcome employment barriers get jobs, keep jobs, and build a better life. For people with histories of incarceration, homelessness, mental illness, substance abuse, and limited education, social enterprises provide the paying jobs and services they need to stabilize their lives, develop a work history, and build skills and conﬁdence. When employees are ready, social enterprises help them ﬁnd lasting, competitive employment.
Research shows this approach works. It leads to greater economic security and mobility and a signiﬁcant rate of return to society—$2.23 in beneﬁts for every $1 spent.
Since 1997, REDF has invested in over 100 social enterprises in 21 states. To date, those businesses have earned $392 million in revenue and employed nearly 24,000 people (and counting).
Brief Position Description:
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for providing support to the Finance Accounting & Compliance department. Teamwork, effective communication, and attention to detail are critical aspects of this role. The ideal candidate for this career opportunity is resourceful, a good problem solver and organized. Assuring a steady completion of workload in a timely manner is key to success in this position. The role reports directly to the Director of Finance Accounting & Compliance, and will also provide support to the Accounting team.
• Process accounts payable
• Prepare and distribute checks to vendors and grantees
• Prepare journal entries for month end close
• Document transaction activity in accounting software system
• Maintain vendor, transaction and account level detail in the accounting systems
• Provide administrative support for vendor contracting
• Organize and file accounting records
• Ad hoc data reconciliation
• Schedule and set up meetings, prepare materials, and perform other administrative tasks as needed
Skills & Qualifications:
• 2-3 years of general ledger accounting experience, nonprofit experience a plus
• Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Familiarity with accounting software systems, ideally NetSuite
• Experience with data management and entry
• Excellent organizational, time management, and record-keeping skills
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• BA/BS or Associates degree, preferably in accounting
This position is considered sedentary and no unusual physical requirements are necessary to perform most daily tasks. This position requires extended periods of sitting, with much of the work done at a computer workstation and telephone. Certain computer applications, programs, and documents may require an ability to differentiate colors, shapes, and symbols.
• Ability to help craft REDF’s next 15 years of impact
• Work with passionate, dedicated people
• Apply your passion for social change in your career
• Operate with a high degree of autonomy in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Competitive, comprehensive benefits package
Please submit your resume and cover letter as one file through REDF’s online applicant portal.
REDF is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its relations with staff members and prospective employees, and will not discriminate against applicants for employment because of race, creed, color, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sex, or sexual orientation. REDF encourages employment applications from people who are representative of the culturally and ethnically diverse communities REDF serves. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, REDF will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you need an accommodation to complete the online application, please call 415.561.6633. Please leave a message and a member of our Human Resources team will return your call within one business day. Alternatively, send an email to
with “Applicant Accommodation” in the subject line of the email. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accommodation to apply for a job.
Sage People Recruit