Great vacancy Southern California Regional Partnerships, Associate Director hiring now
Job Details: Southern California Regional Partnerships, Associate Director
Full details of the job.
Southern California Regional Partnerships, Associate Director
This position is responsible for REDF’s efforts building social enterprise capacity in Southern California and specifically through the Los Angeles Regional Initiative for Social Enterprise (LA:RISE), a public-private partnership providing employment, workforce, and retention services to individuals who have experienced homelessness or have been justice-system involved.
You will hold relationships with key partners and manage opportunities within local government, business, philanthropy, and nonprofits to achieve the objectives of the LA:RISE partnership. You will represent REDF’s Southern California work externally and internally and will have relationship management responsibilities for at least 5 social enterprises, requiring hands-on technical assistance and problem-solving skills.
See what a job can do!
REDF is a venture philanthropy organization that invests exclusively in the growth and effectiveness of social enterprises?double bottom-line businesses dedicated to helping people who otherwise would be shut out of the workforce, get jobs, keep jobs, and build a better life. Since 1997, REDF has provided funding and specialized advisory services to over 143 social enterprises in 23 states, employing 27,000 people and generating $473 Million in earned revenue to help them and the people they employ, succeed, and make spending for government programs go further.
Now REDF is expanding the impact of its work nationally, building the field of social enterprise, deepening the evidence base to demonstrate the return on investment, and partnering with some of the most effective and innovative social enterprises around the country to strengthen their business, scale their impact, and help tens of thousands more people transform their lives and futures.
Lead Public Sector Relationships and Advocacy
• Represent REDF and the LA:RISE Program with elected officials and staff including LA City Council, LA County Board of Supervisors, Mayor of LA, and established committees or task forces (homelessness, workforce development, reentry, etc.) to secure continued public funding
• Work with REDF communications and social enterprise partners to develop communications and identify opportunities to promote social enterprise to key stakeholder audiences. Make presentations, lead or participate in workshops and online discussions that make strategic contributions to social enterprises, nonprofits, and philanthropy
Manage Regional Partnership Program
• Serve as primary liaison with LA County and partner with LA City and LA County to define and establish budgets, negotiate contracts, set program goals, define outreach and communications plan, and advise on policy changes
• Manage LA:RISE program goals, metrics, and budget and report on program results and impact
• Relationship Manager for at least 5 LA County social enterprises, providing technical assistance and advisory services
• Conduct due diligence and make recommendations on new partnership and funding opportunities for REDF in Southern California
Social Enterprise Growth and Development
• Lead process to select social enterprises to participate in the LA:RISE program expansion
• Partner with REDF venture philanthropy team to ensure seamless planning, scoping and delivery of business assistance for partner social enterprises
• Create and manage relationships with corporate, small business, and government partners for funding, procuring products/services from social enterprise, or hiring social enterprise graduates
People Management / Internal Liaison
• Manage a growing REDF team of 3 FTEs as well as consultant support to the project
• Provide insight into regional partnership strategy, supply lessons learned, offer expertise and learn from other regional programs
• Coordinate with REDF Policy Manager on LA policy Initiatives
• MBA (preferred; other graduate degrees or commensurate experience will be considered)
• Seven to ten years’ work experience in a nonprofit intermediary, government, small business, management consulting, and/or CSR with multi-sector partnerships.
• Strong project, program, and team management skills; highly organized and detail-oriented
• Effective negotiation and troubleshooting skills, presentation skills, and communication skills proven experience with client satisfaction
• Ability to lead high-value external relationships to achieve shared results
• Knowledge and track record of high-performance with Los Angeles City/County nonprofit, philanthropy and/or government networks; workforce, homeless, youth or re-entry sector experience a plus.
• Knowledge of social enterprises and passion for employing disadvantaged people desired
• Skill with Salesforce, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint and ability to work extensively at a computer
• Ability to work independently and on teams and in an open office environment
• Ability to help craft REDF’s next 20 years of impact
• Work with passionate, dedicated people
• Apply your passion for social change in your career
• Operate with a high degree of autonomy in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Competitive, comprehensive benefits package
Please submit your resume and cover letter as one document via REDF’s applicant portal.
REDF is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its relations with staff members and prospective employees, and will not discriminate against applicants for employment because of race, creed, color, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sex, or sexual orientation. REDF encourages employment applications from people who are representative of the culturally and ethnically diverse communities REDF serves. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, REDF will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
May 31, 2018
Sage People Recruit